Friday, August 13, 2004

 

Ready To Sail

Ship's Log: Aug. 13
Aboard the Festering Boil
Posted by Ol' Chumbucket

Ahoy all (and when I say all, I mean the three people who figured out we HAVE a blog and have read it). It's been quiet, and that explains why there hasn't been much posted here yet.

This is the calm before the storm, as it were. At least, we hope there's a storm. I'm referring, of course, to the buildup to Talk Like a Pirate Day. We got back after a wild week in Seattle and have been kind of coasting for two weeks - no events planned and not a lot to do about Talk Like a Pirate Day. But starting the following Saturday, things pick up as we reach the one-month date before Sept. 19.

The following Saturday (Aug. 21) Cap'n Slappy and I do an appearance and book signing in Newport, Oregon. The week after that I'll be attending the fifth annual Festival de Piratas - a pirate-themed concert with five bands - in Portland. Cap'n Slappy can't be there - he's actually performing a wedding in a tavern that day. Really. And we've got a reading Sept. 1 at Jackson Books in Salem. And during all this I've got a kid's birthday to deal with (12 years old) and a mother-in-law's birthday and my wife visiting a friend in L.A. So it''ll get busy, and you'll forgive me, I hope, for not being terribly productive lately.

And then there's the media interest in the holiday itself. We'll do whatever it takes to spread the word about the holiday, and we thank you for your help in making this the fastest growing holiday ever. And when radio stations from downstate Illinois or Geneva Switzerland call, we try to oblige them. So it gets busy.

All that to explain why there hasn't been much written in teh Ship's log yet. There hasn't been much to write. But that'll be changing shortly.

Comments:
I live in Newport! I'll have to come see.
 
Ahoy Sublime Flamingo! Glad to hear SOMEBODY will be there! Spread the word. We're at the HMSC visitor center at 1:30. A little song, a little schtick, some reading. Lots of silliness.
 
Don't worry. Pirates are big in Oregon. I myself am a rabid fan. :D
 
Well great! That's two in the audience now!!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?